Monday, June 28, 2010

Painting AGAIN

I continue to stay busy at the Rivah getting things in order...In other words PAINTING...I continue to find things I want to paint - let me show you my latest...
Here is the before photo - we did have it in our sun room in our home - but I replaced it a few years ago with leather so we took it to the Rivah...

Here is the after -- I used "porch"  from Maine Cottage - they sell some of their colors in spray cans - I found the fabric at Hancock Fabric..It has all the colors I am using in the House..the cushions I had gotten, once again from my son when he worked at the furniture factory..this is truly a sleeping couch now!!!
Notice in this shot - I am using a bench for a 'coffee table' - it just looked dull and not right SO......

I had a bit of spray paint left so went ahead and painted it also - I did go back and 'distressed' it some, but didn't take close ups of that...Oh well..  That Floor is next...I'm thinking white ...or we may tile in there when we get the new windows in - Any ideas are welcome..

I'm hooking up to a few different sites today to see what others are up to...

Between Naps On The Porch - Met Monday
Show Off your Cottage Monday
It's so very creative Monday
Motivate me Monday

9 comments:

  1. I love that color and that couch looks perfect for a nap :) I have seen some really cute painted floors in bloggy land, maybe stripes or checks would be cute in the sage and white, just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color, it's perfect for the graceful line of a bamboo piece. So excited to see this - you did a great job! Thanks for sharing! http://niagaranovice.blogspot.com
    Artie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a different a coat of paint makes.
    It looks so pretty now.
    Sweet Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you- it all looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Wish I had a house at the Rivah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with the furniture. So fresh!

    Thank you for your kind comments and support.
    May only lovely things be awaiting when you open your door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi... thanks for participating in our "Show Off Your Cottage Monday".... is a pleasure meeting you!

    Hugs and blessings

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete